Updated: Jul 28
What a great day!
Another delightful recipe to share. Thanks be to Jesus for this recipe.
He made all things, Yes! Even the ingredients we use. This verse comes to mind -
For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
God is good all the time !
For this recipe you’ll need two bowls, a whisk, a spatula to empty the batter into tin, some measuring cups and spoons.
RECIPE FOR YOGURT ALMOND CAKE
Time Taken : 1 hour approximately or depending on your speed.
PART A – Bowl 1 (Dry Ingredients)
All purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Zest of one Lemon (Nimboo)
PART B – Bowl 2 (Wet Ingredients)
Whole Eggs – 2
Oil – ½ cup (normal vegetable oil or canola oil)
Yogurt or Curd/Dahi(Whole milk) – ¾ cup
Vanilla essence – ½ teaspoon
Almond essence – ½ teaspoon
Castor Sugar – 1 cup
How to prepare and Bake the Cake!?
1. First, line your baking tin with parchment paper and oil. Set aside.
2. Set your oven to preheat mode at 180 °C.
3. In bowl 1, take the dry ingredients – Sieving the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then add the Lemon zest and whisk.
4. In a separate bowl 2, take the wet ingredients – Eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla essence, almond essence and castor sugar.
5. Now, gently pour in the wet ingredients from bowl 2 into bowl 1.
6. Whisk till smooth batter.
7. Pour the batter into your baking tin.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 40 to 45 minutes or till it browns on top.
9. Insert a toothpick to check if cake is done. (Toothpick should come out clean)
10. Let it cool for about 15 minutes and then you can serve.
If you like your cake cold, keep it in the fridge after it has cooled and then have as desired.
You can store this cake for a period of 5 days in your refrigerator in an air tight container or you can cover the cake with aluminum foil and then store in the refrigerator.
It is always better to sieve your flour to avoid lumps.
Eggs should be cracked in a separate bowl to avoid egg shells falling into the batter.
The actual recipe calls for Greek yogurt, since I didn’t have Greek yogurt I used normal Indian yogurt or curd.
Do try it out!
Have a blessed baking time!
Crushed Almonds sure gave a great taste to the cake!